TRAPS North Region Awards
2018 Awards Info:
The TRAPS North Region is pleased to recognize and honor individuals and organizations that have rendered significant services to the Society and have made outstanding contributions to the field of parks and recreation. Please be sure to read the Regional Award Nomination Checklist before you begin.
Your completed entry form(s), photos and support material must be submitted electronically to us via email in a PDF file. All entries must be submitted by August 27, 2018.
You will need to email your completed award submissions to the appropriate committee member assigned to your population category. Cities with populations over 75,000 (Class I), please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cities with populations under 75,000 (Class II), please email your submissions to email@example.com. Please double check your population prior to submitting your application. Application packets must be submitted in PDF format only or they will be returned. Business memberships please submit your awards based on the city’s population you are submitting on behalf of. No paper entries will be accepted.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Chuck Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following requirements apply to all nominations unless specifically stated otherwise on the nomination form.
- A 4–5 line summary describing the program, person or project for the awards presentation.
- A written narrative including award criteria listed on the individual nomination forms. Limit 3 pages.
- Letter(s) of support, if necessary.
- Each member city is allowed to enter only one award submission per category.
- 2 – 5 pictures, electronically submitted (pictures are NOT included in page limit)
- Please enter each submission along with any supporting documents/pictures as one PDF file.
- Instructions to combine documents:
- Paste pictures into a new word document à save as PDF.
- Save letter(s) of support, if necessary, as a PDF.
- Save award nomination as a PDF
- Go to https://combinepdf.com/ and drag all files into “drop your files here” and click “combine”
- Instructions to combine documents:
- Submitted by deadline date of August 27, 2018.
*Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered
2018 Awards Forms
Click on each award link below for award description and nomination form (word doc).
Advocate of the Year Award
Arts and Humanities Programming Award
Excellence in Maintenance Award
Excellence in Programming Award
Lone Star Programming Award
Park Design Excellence Award
Park Professional of the Year Award
Part-Time Employee of the Year Award
Recreation Facility Design Excellence Award
Recreation Professional of the Year Award
Guidelines for Submission
- All persons nominated for the Park Professional of the Year, Recreation Professional of the Year, and Horizons Award as well as all persons serving as the official nominator in any category must be a member of TRAPS at the time of the nomination.
- To submit your nominations you must go to trapsnorth.org. Follow the instructions to upload your entry form(s), photos, and support materials to us. Other supplemental information other than the requirements as stated for each award will NOT be considered.
- Entries which do not receive recognition will not be carried over for consideration the next year and they will not be forwarded on to state. New entries will be required.
- Only one award is given per submission.
- If you are unsure if your proposed project is being nominated in the proper category, please contact the Awards Committee Chair for further clarification.
- Complete biographical or specific descriptive information that relates to the nominee’s qualifications for the award being sought should be submitted. Nominations for the Park Professional of the Year, Recreation Professional of the Year, Horizons Award, and Part-Time Employee of the Year should be supported by no fewer than one (1) and no more than three (3) letters of endorsement.
- Insofar as possible, candidates for the Park Professional of the Year, Recreation Professional of the Year, Horizons Award, and Part-Time Employee of the Year awards should not be advised that they are being considered for an award. WE WANT THE WINNERS TO BE SURPRISED!
- All entries become the property of the TRAPS North Region Awards Committee and cannot be returned. Presentation of awards will take place at the 2018 Regional Conference in Rockwall, Texas.
- Please note that all nomination forms are protected MS Word forms. You are restricted to the amount of text you may type. Please be concise in making your case for your award nominations. Open each form and fill-in the fields. You can use the Tab key to move between fields. Be sure to save your work as you go. You may want to consider composing your answers in another document and pasting them into the forms as spell check does not work in the forms. Except where supplemental information is requested (i.e. letters of support, pictures), all information must be included in the official form.
- All nominations have a specific photo requirement. Photos must be submitted together with the submission form and in one PDF. By submitting photos with your nomination, you give TRAPS the right to reproduce the photo for publicity and marketing purposes. Nomination summary and pictures will be used for the awards program and will be invaluable should your entry win.
- The Awards Committee will make every effort to respond to each award submission notifying the email sender that the nomination was received. If you do not receive a response, please call the Committee Chair to verify your submission was received and is being considered.